THIS PERSON DID NOT TOOK BATH FOR 37 YEARS

A Person who did not took bath for 37 years
.

.
Some say cleanliness is next to godliness, but not Guru Kailash Singh who quit bathing 37 years ago, because he believe he'd be rewarded for his sacrifice.
.


.
Kailash, 65, a farmer from India, stopped using soap and water in 1974, after his wedding. He also has not cut his dreadlocks. It wasn't because he no longer needed to attract the ladies that he let himself go. 
.

.
Kailash reportedly abandoned washing because a priest told him it would help him produce a son. With seven daughters born since then, he is still waiting for a male heir.
.

.
Each evening, Kailash winds down the day with a fire bath ritual of smoking marijuana, praying to the Hindu god Shiva and dancing around a campfire. There was one failed attempt by his family to force him into a stream.
.

.
He fought us off and ran away, his wife Kalavati Devi, 60, told. We have tried several times since to force him to have a shower but he puts up such a fuss. He says he'd rather die than take a bath and only a son could change his mind. It has been so many years now I have got used to it.
.

.
The taunts neighbors in his village about his smell don't faze Kailash. Children tease and shout that I don't wash when I ride my bicycle through the village, he says . There are many people who have a poor character that mock me for not washing. They do not understand my decision but I will not change my mind as it is God's choice, not mine.

Comments

Popular Posts